Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Friday, August 12th - The Moth and the Flame, Slow Skate, Waver Clamor Bellow

If you haven't come to a show at The Christmas Horse before, this is a good time to start. The Moth and the Flame are a band that I met while on tour going through Provo, UT (a place I didn't know existed before). I have never been more thankful to tour through this random city since we got to see the amazing performance from this band. As a two piece, both players fill the space and create beautiful and striking compositions. Reminiscent of Sigur Ros, these songs amaze me every time I listen to them. These two lads write songs that warm the heart and break it at the same time. This is unique to the usual acoustic element to our living room show, but it is no less intimate as the other performances.

I first heard the band Slow Skate on NPR and I've been hooked ever since. Not only are they some of the nicest people I've met, they are pretty amazing musicians too! This duo comes from Seattle, WA and they have been on the road a good amount recently and we're extremely happy to have them play! Caitlin's voice carries through as a pulse to each of their compositions, and the songs carry different moods from the the sparse and melodic to the driving and distorted.

Waver Clamor Bellow is a new project conceived for this show. Vernon Shepard plays beautiful noise compositions with textures and layers that flow seamlessly into one another. He will perform his pieces as a soundtrack to a puppet show that will open the evening. I highly encourage EVERYONE to see this show, It's going to be so good!! It will be too warm for a fire, but we can warm ourselves with whiskey and other spirits.

---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment